Thread: Same problem for me as Pip, i can't view threads. Is something awry?

Default Same problem for me as Pip, i can't view threads. Is something awry?

It returns an error page when I try tp view a post.

2. Thank button The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
    Mt Backabuggari Pepper Research Institute

Default Re: Same problem for me as Pip, i can't view threads. Is something awry?

Default Re: Same problem for me as Pip, i can't view threads. Is something awry?

Problem seems to be fixed. Shouldn't the advice in yellow background be removed now, two dogs. Or is something else going on we don't know about.

David

Quote David Nicholls said View Post
    Problem seems to be fixed. Shouldn't the advice in yellow background be removed now, two dogs. Or is something else going on we don't know about.

David
    Given that the first that I heard of the problem was when I was enjoying a "couple" of beers at my favourite brewery, in Beechworth, Victoria, as part of a road trip in my new Jeep, I'm inclined to think that removing the notice might be the least of my concerns.

Despite the fallback that has occurred, it was to a version of PHP (V7.2.5) which is still nominally incompatible with the forum software. I did indicate that the forum software was incompatible with PHP 7.2.0 or higher, so there's still the potential for problems.

Julian
    Do not do to others what you do not want done to yourself.
    - Confucius (551-479 BCE)

6. Agree button Darwinsbulldog agreed with this post

I can't remember how I managed in life before the internet. Well I didn't really. My first use of a computer was joining the Forums. It's true.
    "A professorship in Theology should have no place in our institution."

Thomas Jefferson when founding his University of Virginia (in A Universe From Nothing, Lawrence Krauss)

Just looking toward the future, here or elsewhere, would it perhaps be sensible to think about expanding the IT department slightly? When the trouble happened yesterday my first thought was mrDogs will be on to it, no worries. But then, and as it turned out completely accurately, what if mrDogs is on a trip drinking beer somewhere like a really lucky bastard, what then?

All's well that ends well of course but just thinking ahead, you know.

Imagine if we had to contact the AFA to fix the problem via the contact us button! See y'all in six months?
    What’s the use of a fine house if you haven’t a tolerable planet to put it on - Henry David Thoreau

9. Laugh button The Irreverent Mr Black laughed at this post
    Mt Backabuggari Pepper Research Institute

@Pip: I also thought about succession planning.

We're none of us getting any younger, and we are all participants in that all-encompassing game, where players get benched for random reasons.

11. Agree button pipbarber agreed with this post