Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Voluntary Assisted Dying (VAD)

Default Re: Voluntary Assisted Dying (VAD)

The "Church" and "global corporatism" is a winning combination, I fear. They own most of the media and news, and get governments to threaten the rest. So, they control the message. So voters make the wrong choices, believing that they are voting in their own interests, but are not. How does an ordinary person, low to middle income, think that the likes of Clive Palmer or Gina Reinhardt, or a multi-billion to trillion transnational corporation is going to act in their interests? And yet they listen to these people, even about things like "fair wages" or public goods like welfare and core government responsibilities. So a belief in privatisation and trickle-down economic nonsense.
    I hardly ever see reason or evidence in what "passes" as "debate". It is all about "values", and enter religion stage right, because only they can talk about "values" or moral, despite the organised predation on our young, the lack of taxes paid by the uber-rich [including churches], and so on.
    What did Eric Blair call that? "Prole-feed".
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

I continue to be appalled by the resources supplied to those responsible for implementing the legislation here in Victoria, The portal that hosts the paperwork required to be supplied to fulfill the requirements has a section that requires documentation to be downloaded but it will not accept any file of sufficient size that would contain the required information. I have been trying to get this paperwork completed for 5 months now and still have not been able to complete it despite fulfilling all the requirements. I urge anyone who may need to take advantage of the option to not wait to long to initiate the procedures. Hopefully things will improve as it becomes obvious that the uptake greatly exceeded expectations and some decent resources are allocated.
    The meaning of your life, is what you choose to make it.

3. Thank button Strato thanked this post
    Angry button The Irreverent Mr Black, Strato, two dogs angered by this post

This is totally distorted, and it probably would be to those politicians who voted the law in. The opponents to a system of voluntary euthanasia never rest. Their fear of their god/devil overwhelms their consideration and responsibilities to their fellow humans. This part of religion is a despicable example of how early indoctrination can distort the thinking of otherwise good people.

David

5. Like button two dogs, Darwinsbulldog liked this post
    Agree button two dogs agreed with this post

Congratulations to Western Australia, it is set to become the second state to legalise voluntary euthanasia after proposed laws allowing terminally ill people to end their own lives passed the Upper House of Parliament.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-...-vote/11771302
    The meaning of your life, is what you choose to make it.