Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Scummo's Thoughts and Prayers

Default Re: Scummo's Thoughts and Prayers

Quote pipbarber said View Post
    2GB are on to him. Alan Jones' fill in replacement (while the vile toad has a holiday in a sewer swamp to recharge his pus glands).

“You’re aware that a lot of the people who are listening to this program, if Alan was doing the program, their view is you’re doing too much on climate change, you’re doing too much in the renewable space. And then you go around the community and you’re told you’re not doing enough, more needs to be done, you need to ramp up the reduction of emissions. Is that a fair characterisation of the debate and the debate within your own party?”

“Oh John I think in terms of how you’ve characterised the debate nationally, I think it’s a pretty good summary. But what that means is that the policy we have is a balanced one. It’s one that understands the need to take action here ...
    My bold.

Doing too much on climate change!

Edit: Sorry, what exactly are they doing 'on climate change?' I've suddenly drawn a blank. Have they done anything beside invent a dodgy accounting practice?
    Mentioning it, Pip. That is too much.
    Prejudices are what fools use for reason. Voltaire

2. Like button pipbarber, Strato liked this post
    Thank button pipbarber, The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
    Agree button DanDare agreed with this post
    Cry button DanDare cried at this post

Yep, that's it. Way too much for Alan Jones' mythical army of listeners.
    What’s the use of a fine house if you haven’t a tolerable planet to put it on - Henry David Thoreau

4. Agree button The Irreverent Mr Black agreed with this post

I’d be interested in the clinical psychological diagnosis on Jones. Surely he’s a narcissist and a sociopath. And smart, in his way, for a man who knows how to rouse the mob and dominate, but really is an ignoramus.
    'The biggest threat to security, to life in all its forms, is the system that drives the climate disaster.'
    In Climate Leviathan: A Political Theory of Our Planetary Future, 2018.

6. Thank button two dogs, The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
    Agree button two dogs, The Irreverent Mr Black agreed with this post

Throw closeted homosexuality into the mix, Strato. How tormenting must it be to stay hidden for political and professional reasons when no one else in society seems to bother hiding their sexual orientation anymore?

Not that i know, of course, all just rumours. But it kind of makes sense to me somehow. Obviously i couldn't give a fuck who, or what, floats his boat but closeting a sexual orientation that is mostly accepted these days by basically everyone, except Alan Jones' listeners, must do very weird things to one's psychology. It'd almost make you long for the days when such things were never spoken of, it'd almost make you hate people.
    What’s the use of a fine house if you haven’t a tolerable planet to put it on - Henry David Thoreau

8. Like button two dogs, Strato, Darwinsbulldog liked this post
    Agree button two dogs, Strato agreed with this post

That’s very interesting speculation pip. That’s critical thinking for you. I wouldn’t be at all surprised. He’s probably full of self loathing, a pedant.

The Hitch said “Bullying is often a sign of inner misery.”?
    'The biggest threat to security, to life in all its forms, is the system that drives the climate disaster.'
    In Climate Leviathan: A Political Theory of Our Planetary Future, 2018.

Mt Backabuggari Pepper Research Institute

The spin and gagging are harming Australia too.
    If it was sabotage that had closed our major arterial highways — like the Eyre or even the Princes Highway down the east coast (as it was in multiple locations for many days) — you can imagine the sort of political rhetoric and hysteria that would have been going on at the moment.

But instead, we continue to have this bizarre situation continuing where a few belligerent types in politics — and very noisy ones in the media — seem to set the limits of our conversation.

It is apparently okay to canvas the misleading idea that the fires have been primarily caused by arson, or deliberately insufficient hazard reduction — which experts including NSW Rural Fire Services Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons have rejected.

But it apparently isn't okay to simply say that clearly the climate has changed (even to say that without saying because it's due to, you know, climate change).
    Click on the image below to view the article:
    ABC.NET.AU
    As Australia burns, Scott Morrison is rattling off an alibi
    Bushfires are changing our lives and that means they are changing our political conversation. This is what we must start talking about.

The means of production are George Martin's - BeatleMarxism

11. Like button two dogs liked this post
    Thank button two dogs thanked this post

I'm seein a lot of little question mark symbols (?) in the place of apostrophe ('). Something to do with the change of forum set up?
    "History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government".
    -Thomas Jefferson

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.

Quote DanDare said View Post
    I'm seein a lot of little question mark symbols (?) in the place of apostrophe ('). Something to do with the change of forum set up?
    See this post.
    Do not do to others what you do not want done to yourself.
    - Confucius (551-479 BCE)

Quote DanDare said View Post
    When it comes to sticking quotation marks around scummo's comments i think it's highly appropriate they appear as question marks.

15. Like button two dogs liked this post
    Mt Backabuggari Pepper Research Institute

The xtian loopy right admit they can't out-xtian-loopy-right Scummo.

Click on the image below to view the article:
    SMH.COM.AU
    Christian right groups say PM Scott Morrison stole their thunder
    Christian right party Rise Up Australia says Scott Morrison has made it redundant.

The means of production are George Martin's - BeatleMarxism

17. Like button two dogs, Hambone liked this post
    Thank button two dogs thanked this post
    Agree button two dogs, bruce1937 agreed with this post
    Laugh button two dogs, Darwinsbulldog laughed at this post