Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Scummo's Thoughts and Prayers

wolty is offline We're on fire you morons!! Super Moderator

Default Re: Scummo's Thoughts and Prayers

There's a lot of stuff coming out.....from twitter.

Another cobargo story. Morrisons entourage arrived with 6 riot and public order 4wds. No food, no water, no supplies. The fireman whose hand he shook had not eaten all day. Morrison said "I'll let you get back to it."

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
    —Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary

2. Angry button The Irreverent Mr Black angered by this post
    wolty is offline We're on fire you morons!! Super Moderator

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
    —Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary

Eamon Sandwith of The Chats, I Hope Scott Morrison's House Burns Down

I personally don't literally hope for that, and I'm dubious Eamon really does himself. But he makes his statement.
    'The biggest threat to security, to life in all its forms, is the system that drives the climate disaster.'
    In Climate Leviathan: A Political Theory of Our Planetary Future, 2018.

5. Thank button wolty, Darwinsbulldog thanked this post

I think Scomo should stick to what he believes in and leave the task to the civil service and he can attend his church and kneel at the pews for a six month prayer session to pray for the end of the fires. That ought to do the job by the time the cooler weather arrives in July.
    #@scummopraysforwinter
    Last edited by wadaye; 4th January 2020 at 09:10 AM.
    "I'm an ape, I'm an African ape and I'm proud of it, and you should be too". Richard Dawkins

Yup, his best contribution is to get himself off to a Nunnery and take a vow of silence.
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

8. Thank button wolty, wadaye, The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post

Found on FB:

"A review of the nine decades of ‘Australian Evangel’ (a Pentecostal monthly magazine), could not locate a single article that focused attention on ecological concerns and environmental ethics, except the occasional reference to environmental destruction as proof of end-times prophecy."

“Since the end is near, Pentecostals are indifferent to social change… This indifference extends to the movement’s concern for environmental matters, since there is little point in focusing attention on a doomed environment."

"Pentecostals read world events through literalistic interpretations of biblical apocalyptic literature, looking forward to the immanent return of Jesus which was to be accompanied by the rapture of the saints and subsequent global devastation."

From 'Pentecostals and Ecology'" – Southern Cross College 2006

"For Pentecostals in particular, even if the global environmental crisis is not an entirely dubious construction of the scientific imagination, there is no pressing need to respond to it in light of the impending peril predestined for earth and her inhabitants. "

Daniel Rakes, Regent University School of Divinity, 2016.

"Lucas Jacometti, a Pastor in Hobart, says in a sermon:

“Only Jesus has the power to shift the climate.”

For Jacometti, natural resources are there for humans, as the stewards of creation, to use as they see fit because in his justification Jesus is the one who will take care of the climate."

"Pentecostal churches are content to leave global ecological issues up to God. They believe that God loves humans and, ultimately, humans can do what they like with natural resources, because God will take care of the global climate."

From 'Australian neo-Pentecostal perspectives on anthropogenic climate change' – 2017

Refs:

https://www.regent.edu/acad/schdiv/r...niel_rakes.pdf

https://sciencereligionspectrum.org/...limate-change/

https://scc.typepad.com/scc_faculty_...ostals_an.html

Spearthrower: "There are words like vacuous & cunt that are applicable."

(delta p)*(delta q) >= h/(4*pi) ----- An explanation of Logical Fallacies : http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies ----- ferox deo vacuus vinco ----- How do I post video etc here?

10. Like button nibble liked this post
    Thank button Lord Blackadder, Darwinsbulldog, Strato thanked this post
    Agree button The Irreverent Mr Black, Strato agreed with this post
    Angry button The Irreverent Mr Black, Strato, loubert angered by this post
    Facepalm button wadaye, two dogs facepalmed this post
    Lord Blackadder is offline Minister for Religious Genocide Super Moderator
    Melbourne: a small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Quote davo said View Post
    Found on FB:

"A review of the nine decades of ‘Australian Evangel’ (a Pentecostal monthly magazine), could not locate a single article that focused attention on ecological concerns and environmental ethics, except the occasional reference to environmental destruction as proof of end-times prophecy."... snip
    It pisses me off to no end that the MSM is not pursuing this line with Scotty from Marketing. I have been maintaining all throughout the Bushfires that he loves this shit because he sees it as his religion justified. It's why, despite the sobering circumstances, he can't wipe that shit-eating smirk off his face. He is loving every second of seeing the "sinners" burn.
    If atheism were true, why do cats have pretty stripes on them?

Mt Backabuggari Pepper Research Institute

Sent by a friend.

Help Us Send 'Scotty From Marketing' Back To Hawaii!

Fundraiser for NSW WILDLIFE INFORMATION RESCUE AND EDUCATION SERVICE INCORPORATED by Chris Graham

Tragically, Prime Minister Scott Morrison had to cut short his Hawaiian holiday to come back to Australia so that he could repeatedly screw things up in the midst of an unprecedented bushfire crisis.

So New Matilda is raising funds to buy a First Class airfare to get Scotty From Marketing out of the country, back to Hawaii, where he'll do less damage.

In the event Morrison refuses to go (which is admittedly pretty likely) then 100 per cent of funds raised will be donated directly to the Wildlife Information Rescue Service, which is trying to help millions of animals devastated by the bushfire crisis.

You can also get information on wildlife organisations in your own state by visiting this link. https://www.wires.org.au/rescue/interstate-rescues

And you can support the work of New Matilda, a small independent media outlet, by subscribing here. https://newmatilda.com/shop/
    LINKY

A call to action
    From your chair
    Is empty while
    You're sitting there.
    - Bummer Shave

13. Like button two dogs, Strato liked this post

Nick Cohen is a UK columnist for the Observer, sister paper to the Guardian. I always read Cohen.

Yesterday I said it was Crosby Textor who influenced uninformed Australians to vote for the LNP. I forgot it was Sean Topham and Ben Guerin who also swung Johnson's recent victory. They bear a heavy onus but they're laughing. It's not their responsibility that the masses are so easily duped, after all.

Click on the image below to view the article:
    THEGUARDIAN.COM
    Australia’s pathetic PM reveals much about the right’s effort to deny reality | Nick Cohen
    From Scott Morrison to Brexiters, there is a wilful reluctance to address the truth
    'The biggest threat to security, to life in all its forms, is the system that drives the climate disaster.'
    In Climate Leviathan: A Political Theory of Our Planetary Future, 2018.

15. Thank button The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post

I think we have to face the reality of our theocratic system of government. Even if an openly atheist PM [like Julia Gillard] is in charge, the result is still theocratic policies, like Chaplains for schools. Frankly, I would rather have a Priest or Imam or whatever in charge if they had the good sense and self-discipline to be STRICTLY secular. Gillard of course realised that she would not get any shit through as a minority government if she did not pander to the god bothering lobby. She called herself a "cultural Christian". Whether or not that was just a bit of spin to allay fears of having an atheist PM, or Gillard's lack of understanding of her own non-belief position is not clear, but there has never been anything approaching rigour in discussions about things religious and how it impacts on policy and government.
    Last edited by Darwinsbulldog; 6th January 2020 at 09:58 AM.
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

17. Thank button The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
    Agree button The Irreverent Mr Black agreed with this post