Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unfounded Certainty of Kimsland

Default Re: The Unfounded Certainty of Kimsland

Quote wolty said View Post
    I love veiled threats. They are so becoming for atheists.
    Wot was veiled about it?
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

Default Re: How to answer a child's questions when they are being taught religion at school?

Quote kimsland said View Post
    Since I have so many members addressing my comments with confusion and now unrelated to this particular topic, I will forever on speak through unquestionable fact.
    Look forward to it.

Do you think it is fact that a god does not exist? Or do you simply not believe in a god.

I am atheist, I do not believe in a god, I do not however make the assertion there is no god. The god concept can be defined many ways.

Can you show us the evidence for your assertion a god does NOT exist, at all, in any form. Please show us this evidence for a positive assertion.

Atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.
    Yes, it is not an assertion that god does not exist, it is simply a lack of belief in a god or gods.

Atheism is not the belief that a god(s) may exist, nor is it an open mindedness that they could be wrong.
    Atheism is not the assertion a god does not exist, tho some atheists may assert that. Atheism is simply a lack of belief.

Atheism is 100% defined as the absolute total rejection of god; and simply defined as: "without god"
    No it's not, it means without god, yes, however it's not a rejection of god it's a rejection of the god hypothesis, due to lack of evidence, reasoning or logic etc

There are other types of non-religious people in this world (I don't fall into any other of these categories) such as Agnostic atheism, these people in particular love debating that god doesn't exist, they could go all day. The list of so called non-religious people is huge, with many different labels.
    You should read up on what agnostic/gnostic means.

I may have forgot to state. I am an Atheist.
    Same.

I am gnostic atheist toward the concept of a christian/judaic/islamic and a number of other god concepts, and agnostic atheist in regard a deistic/pantheistic god concept.

I cannot say that a deistic god does not exist, even tho I do not believe in one. That would be an assertion with no evidence. This is exactly what religionists do.

I say that the entirety of religion and religious points of view, including the existence of god, and the belief that the world was created by one (or more) supreme beings, is ludicrous, backward, and not in line with the 21st century.
    How have you come to the conclusion that a deistic god is impossible? Could you provide evidence for this claim?

I don't believe in one, I think it is ridiculous to believe it is true, but I also think it is ridiculous to state that a deistic god could not exist. There is simply no evidence for such an assertion.

Now, the concern that how is this different to anyone who is religious with their biased beliefs?
    Religion is Fiction. It was obviously brought about due to fear, it preyed on the weak, and ignorant (including young minds)
    Evolution is Fact. Evolution goes along with everything in the universe, including how every life originates. I don't confuse evolution with present life, the universe is still evolving today, new life new galaxies with huge changes all the time (ie people coming onto Earth a couple of hundred thousand years ago.
    What has evolution got to do with the god concept?

You are sounding religious. Evolution is a fact, the theory of evolution is our knowledge on the mechanics of that fact ... but I don't see how this has anything to do with the generic god concept.

Have you heard of theistic evolution? It's only SOME religionists that deny evolution. Many don't. I grew up in catholicism, and I never met anyone that did not accept evolution. I had christian brothers teach it to me at school, as fact. They simply said it was initiated by god.

Deists are the same. I would argue there are more deists than hardcore scripture theists as well.

If you want I could debate all day, but I'd hope that there would be at least one atheist on this atheistfoundation.org forum? So far I have seen none
    You have no idea what an atheist is then.

I am open to evidence. I have never seen or come across any evidence for a deistic god, but I have also not come across any evidence that shows that a deistic god could not possibly exist.

I am atheist as I lack a belief in a god or gods. Are you saying I am not?
    Spearthrower: "There are words like vacuous & cunt that are applicable."

(delta p)*(delta q) >= h/(4*pi) ----- An explanation of Logical Fallacies : http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies ----- ferox deo vacuus vinco ----- How do I post video etc here?

Melbourne: a small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Kimmy, Kimmy, look at moi, look at moi.

I have one thing to say to you: learn to read before shooting your fingers off on forums. It does make you look like a clown.

If atheism were true, why do cats have pretty stripes on them?

Quote Lord Blackadder said View Post
    Kimmy, Kimmy, look at moi, look at moi.

I have one thing to say to you: learn to read before shooting your fingers off on forums. It does make you look like a clown.

Sent from my iPhone using magic technology thingy application thingy.
    Reading actually implies that summat goes into the brain. From Kims posts, I don't see any evidence of that.
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

It is either Fact against Fiction, or are you suggesting that there could be some truth in religious views? I
    Your statement implies you believe there is none. Fine,but if so,it may be time to become familiar with the notion of 'the burden of proof'

Your claim that "it is either fact against fiction --" is a false dichotomy. Perhaps learn to distinguish between personal certitude and certainty.

Just for your information,most people here (including me) take the position "I do not believe in god(s) due to lack of credible evidence". This is called 'agnostic' or 'soft' atheism'. In real life, I've never actually met anyone who asserts "there is no God' or "I know there is no god". Such a person has the same obligation to prove his position as the most devout believer to prove the affirmative.Lots if luck proving a negative.

So far your posts are as dogmatic,aggressive and obnoxious as any religious believer we've had here.

I look forward to some indication of the ability to engage your cerebral cortex. Until such time, I have nothing further to say to you.
    Last edited by Seamus; 16th September 2011 at 08:57 PM.

kimsland, I recall asking you a question.

You appear to have replied to later posts but not to mine. Would you like to answer now, or is that truth missing?
    There are no good arguments for gods.

Protium, I agree this forum is being trolled. Intentionally or unintentionally.

Kim, I identify myself more as an antitheist. I am generally more on your side as far as being against religion, but you take it a step too far by attacking people and accusing them of being some sort of false atheist. I don't appreciate you coming here and being so disrespectful to members and these boards. Not that this bothers you I suspect. You come across to me with an attitude towards average atheists as Westboro baptist church is to theists.

In other words: 'if you are not with me, then you are against me' this is what I am reading.

We have had a few people like this before and all I can generally and somewhat respectfully say is that you have chosen the wrong forums.

You have nothing to teach us I'm afraid. If any members should reply further count it towards their generosity in time trying to get you to look outside of that very small box you live in.

Please reconsider your approach here.

Wink Re: The Unfounded Certainty of Kimsland

By the way, are there any Atheists here? I would really like to know before telling the world to avoid this site.

I would appreciate that you do not tell the others but I am actually Ray Comfort pretending to be an athiest. Only a few months now and these silly athiests will see the true banana genius of God's creative hand. sssshhhhhh...

"

By the way, are there any Atheists here? I would really like to know before telling the world to avoid this site.
    I am sure the whole world is anxious to hear the word according to kimsland and would highly respect your opinion. Stand by world...kimsland has an announcement for you all.
    "Instead of being born again why don't you just grow up"

By the way, are there any Atheists here?
    For some reason this made me think of Monty Python.

An atheist forum with no atheists would be rather like a cheese shop with no cheese.

"Instead of being born again why don't you just grow up"