Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unfounded Certainty of Kimsland

Default Re: The Unfounded Certainty of Kimsland

Ha Ha H ah Ha Ha Ha
    I haven't laughed this much since I heard that some of you need proof that god might exist. Oh wait, that's right now. HA

Since all of you have reverted to childish behaviors should I then conclude that you have no substantial argument against me? Well that would mean that I win

If you would like to continue on an intelligent level (if at all possible for you guys) then I'd like to continue to inform you how you are wrong. Lets look at it as the 2nd stage. The first stage I obviously won.

Part 2
    Let me see here, can someone please answer the following for me?
    Why is it that there is evil in our world? Why would god allow evil to exist at all?
    Why would a god who is all magnificent and perfect create a non-perfect world?
    How it that the universe is ever growing? But god stated that he just placed all the stars where they are? Did he also give them a little push?
    Since there is insufficient evidence to support god exists, how can anyone say he does?
    Since it is logical to understand that atheists are correct, doesn't that mean that god is illogical?
    Can any theist prove to me that a god almighty does exist?

Seriously one at a time fellers, and if you want to only discuss only one item above I'd be all ears.
    In case you have forgotten: god doesn't exist, and this is an Atheists viewpoint, it does bring a smile to my face that no one here knew this.

Anyway, please I'm waiting...

Welcome to the forum kimsland, ornage does become you, methinks.

This whole thing is a Poe by you, isn't it?
    Quote kimsland said View Post
    OMG, no comment, but maybe I should put that in my signature as the idiocy it is.
    Atheist or nothing, there's a good motto. (ie nothing in between)
    Funny, since theists sometimes equate atheism with nihilism, maybe your self-described "good motto" should read "atheist is nothing"...
    Now you are definitely the right person to ask.
    What the hell do you think you are doing?
    How dare you come here in defense to me saying no religion is good religion (for your benefit religious beliefs) and then you comment and state you teach (impossible) religious education? With your knowledge?
    And the basis for your presumption behind your gratuitous attempts to lecture and belittle other members is...?

<sound of crickets chirping>
    Go away you anti-atheists, I have no time to argue fact with fiction.
    You are only good to make me laugh at your crazy stories.
    Sorry sunshine, but we were here before you. Not going anywhere either, just on your say-so.

And start producing some of those facts (with supporting evidence) eh, we're ready whenever you are...
    For parents concerned (and true right!) about religious teachings in school, TELL THE SCHOOL YOU DON'T WANT IT.
    I did, and all is well here, I can't say the same about others who get in the way of science.
    Methinks you can't actually say anything about others, whom you have no specific knowledge of. So, kindly drop the insulting, unevidenced insinuations. They don't substitute for facts and reasoned arguments.
    Since I have so many members addressing my comments with confusion and now unrelated to this particular topic, I will forever on speak through unquestionable fact.

Atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.
    Atheism is not the belief that a god(s) may exist, nor is it an open mindedness that they could be wrong.
    Atheism is 100% defined as the absolute total rejection of god; and simply defined as: "without god"
    Oh, good. Since it is "unquestionable fact" , please supply all your evidence (including links), supporting all of the assertions you just made???

I may have forgot to state. I am an Atheist.
    I say that the entirety of religion and religious points of view, including the existence of god, and the belief that the world was created by one (or more) supreme beings, is ludicrous, backward, and not in line with the 21st century.

Now, the concern that how is this different to anyone who is religious with their biased beliefs?
    Religion is Fiction. It was obviously brought about due to fear, it preyed on the weak, and ignorant (including young minds)
    Evolution is Fact. Evolution goes along with everything in the universe, including how every life originates. I don't confuse evolution with present life, the universe is still evolving today, new life new galaxies with huge changes all the time (ie people coming onto Earth a couple of hundred thousand years ago.
    No, but you appear to confuse evolution with anti-theism. Have another look at GBL No. 11, for clarification. Actually, having a look at the entire thing, might be a good idea.

If you want I could debate all day, but I'd hope that there would be at least one atheist on this atheistfoundation.org forum? So far I have seen none
    Oh yes the religion is so funny and the churches etc are so grand to look at. But that's where it stops. A child should never be taught to be religious ever.
    This is my grand point.

Who believes a child should be taught to be religious?
    And if you say that RE is just telling them the other point of view, you have rocks in your head. RE is damning for a child
    Those ad-hominems of yours are really forming into a large unattractive pile, aren't they?

And BTW: Nice strawman. Produce some evidence for your claim that anyone here has called for children to "be taught to be religious" (rather than comparative religion, which was repeatedly stated). Or retract it and apologise, if you can't.
    I must sign off for a few hours, but will continue the lesson.
    Be aware that I have the entire Internet as a resource.
    Therefore any religious person here cannot win
    Oh, how religious people make me laugh
    "[T]he lesson"??? Oh please do, I can hardly contain my anticipation...

And another mere boast about producing evidence, but no actual evidence produced?

*Yawn*
    And for those who are wondering what my point is here on atheistfoundation.org I am trying to discuss that an Atheist is right.

?

So far I have been met with brick walls, from members asking me to prove myself!
    Fundamentalism is a ugly trait, when seen in the religious. Problem is, it's actually pretty ugly, in any form, IMO
    Even though this is extremely easy, I mean I could post any resource anywhere, I'm thinking something from Rational Response Squad (one of my other attended forums) may be applicable here.
    Promises, promises... you know what they say about those who talk about it the most...
    By the way, are there any Atheists here? I would really like to know before telling the world to avoid this site.
    Ooooh, a big bad threat - in bold, too. Tell the world whatever you like. I've no doubt that others will make up their own minds, regardless of any dogmatic posturing. Just like on here, eh.

IME, most of the time, the people who insist on presenting "Atheist" as a proper noun, are... theists. Just sayin'...
    *Gods* are not only a legal fiction, but a fiction in every way. Just ask the nearest hippie...

The first stage I obviously won.
    Self declared winner We are impressed with your prowess, and retreat to lick our wounds. (Yeah...right)

Let me see here, can someone please answer the following for me?
    Why is it that there is evil in our world? Why would god allow evil to exist at all?
    Epicurus beat you to this argument looooong ago!

But it doesn't really prove the non-existence of god since their could be a god who is just an evil prick and enjoys messing with humans lives (rather like the god of christianity when you think about it )

Can any theist prove to me that a god almighty does exist?
    Almost certainly not, but nor can you PROVE that god doesn't exist.

Others can correct me if I am wrong but I think you will find that most people on here think that god is extraordinarily unlikely to exist, but accept that they can't state with absolute certainty that there is no god. This fits with the definition of atheism.

So what evidence do you have that PROVES the non-existence of god, rather than just showing that god is extremely unlikely?
    Last edited by BlueDevil; 17th September 2011 at 12:05 AM.
    "Instead of being born again why don't you just grow up"

Looks like I have come to the party a bit late.....anyway.....

1. RE in schools - this is by law (In NSW at least). If we want it out, it is up to parliament. Not even the school, the DET, teachers, P&C has a say in this. There is an opt out feature; I *think* this too is enshrined in law.

2. Proof of non-extistance in god - not even the likes of dawkins, hitchens et.al. can conclusively say that, with mathematical style deduction, there is no god. The crux of dawkin's argument is 'if the created us, he must be even more complex than creation. therefore, who created the creator?'. The watchmaker analogy creates the concept of potential infinite egress, and raises more questions than it solves. This is a deduction I am inclined to go along with. I do not find sufficient proof in any religious text, nor in any scientific study that I am aware of, to suggest the existence of a sky-man. However.....I am just as sure that there is no god via lack of evidence than I am sure that the sky is not purple, by lack of evidence.
    ....Coveting my neighbours ass since May 2007....

and the chant goes on there K
    Quote Mr Black said
    But Kimmy, can you prove any of your assertions or answer Xeno's questions?
    substantiate or get off the pot as they say! (Well me really)

Quote K said
    By the way, are there any Atheists here? I would really like to know before telling the world to avoid this site.
    Why yes that would be me....wait....sorry its late I read that as A-tea-ist. I'll just trot merrily back to my coffee now. Troll-la-la-la.
    Just before I go i'm curious do swim much? and when you do, do you find it easier to float vertically or horizontally? I'm guessing vertical, it's just that you sound very much like a recent poster who was so much more atheist (4 generations of eugenics) than all the regulars here. He was a bit of a corkhead too........Troll-la-la-la-la
    "Here kitty, kitty, kitty ..." Erwin Schrodinger

"The Unfounded Certainty of Kimsland" ?
    And I'm in the Fantasy Island' sub forum.
    Yeah. You're here because you've done nothing but make unsupported assertions, most of them almost certainly demonstrably bullshit (if only you'd show your fucking work) since you got here. The Island is where people get to hang out if all they can seem to do is rectally vent.

And for those who are wondering what my point is here on atheistfoundation.org I am trying to discuss that an Atheist is right.
    No, actually, you aren't. Or at least, you might be trying, but you are failing dismally. Fuck, you even give 'atheist' a capital 'A', as if that is somehow meaningful. And then you can't, seemingly, distinguish between 'not believing in god/s' and 'believing god/s don't exist'. Your arguments, if they reflect what you actually think, label you as just as much religious as those poor benighted fuckwits from Answers in Genesis. If you'd like to know why this is the case, feel free to ask. I'm happy to educate you, but I get the impression that you don't actually have the faintest ability to understand how fucking wrong you are.

So far I have been met with brick walls, from members asking me to prove myself!

Even though this is extremely easy, I mean I could post any resource anywhere, I'm thinking something from Rational Response Squad (one of my other attended forums) may be applicable here.
    Oh, goody. For one thing, the RRS isn't here, and dropping names like that is about as useful as tits on a bull. It's fucking meaningless, and no-one gives much of a shit about the RRS since they jumped the fucking shark a couple of years ago anyway, so I don't know why you'd bother pulling them out as an example. It's almost like you have nothing to offer.

For another thing, you don't actually bother to provide any support for your claims, you just claim that you can. Here's an idea: pull your head out of your arse and actually fucking present some support for your ludicrous bullshit. Someone might actually start to pay attention.

Google, incidentally, suggests that we aren't the first group of people to not give two shits about whatever ignorant fuckery you feel bounden to shout.

By the way, are there any Atheists here?
    With a capital 'A', who behave like you? I fucking hope not. Plenty of atheists, though.

I would really like to know before telling the world to avoid this site.
    Ah, now that's absolute gold. Can we play that game? I like that game. It's fucking stupidly stupid, and immense fun. You threaten to tell the world to avoid this site (because you say so, for whatever reason) and then I point out two things: 1) Nobody gives the first of two shits what you have to say on the matter; and
    2) I'll fucking match you, because at least three people pay attention to me without coercion.

Actually, it''s more than 3, but three will do. You do know that the key to making a threat is having the means to carry it out, right? I mean, you can tell the world anything you want, but if the world doesn't give a flying fuck about anything you have to say, then there's no threat, is there? It's like telling me you're going to smother me to death with Supergirl's breasts. You don't have the ability to smother me, Supergirl (probably) doesn't exist, and no-one in the entire world 'could possibly care less.

I'll bet you five bucks you don't manage to address this post line-by-line.
    -Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

Quote Goldenmane said View Post
    I'll bet you five bucks you don't manage to address this post line-by-line.
    Line by line you say?

Hmm, and give it the same respect that you would to others in doing so I suppose?

There is NO god
    , I feel sorry for all of you, so called atheists here.
    You give atheists a bad name, to say that you cannot prove (through logic is it?) that god does not exist, is nothing but pure pathetic lost souls (ie I suspect that you also feel you have souls in your tiny minds).

Here I am absolutely positive that this fiction of your god is not real, but for you to belittle this just as religious people do only makes you look more wrong not me.

You want proof that god does not exist? How about proof that fairies aren't real whilst we're at it? Exactly what is the limit to your belief? From where I stand it is you (all of you) that cannot handle the truth.

Here's some truth for you. I spit on your possibility that you believe there may be a god, and I'm overly happy to say his name in pure disgust. Why? Because he's not real.

Something went wrong in your minds, maybe you argued with ignorant religious people for too long. I don't argue with them. I laugh at them. Each time I pass by a church full of losers we all have a good laugh. Ha Ha Ha.

What can I say? I am a true Atheist, the most important of them all (compared to your feeble attempts to say god might be real)
    God is not real, what will it take for you to believe this? Should we wait for extra-terrestrials with higher intelligence to come and tell you, and then for you to say, 'damn he was right'

God and all religious viewpoints and the entirety of religion is backward, pathetic and most importantly Not Real. I thought this was obvious.

Thumbs down God Is Not Real

How do I know this you say?

Firstly which god are we speaking of? All of them, Maybe the moon god? Or is it that ludicrous christian god. As stated Allah would be most unpleased!

No gods are real, they are fiction, they were thought up by people just the same as you (not me, because I would have been one of the people back then that still didn't believe it)

They crucified this man called jesus (and thousands of others at the time) Why would anyone do this to the son of god? I mean they were there and watched him supposedly walk on water and heal the blind.
    They crucified him, because he did NOT do these things. How could he? Its impossible, it does not go along with any laws of physics or anything (that's real) ever, ever and ever.

These were barbaric and highly ignorant times. It was 2000 years ago for gods sake (spoken in vein)
    Send your son of god down now you great looney in the sky.
    You won't do it because you don't exist, you only exist in the minds of fools

Only a true Atheist understands that any god cannot exist, its impossible, its not probable, its not even the tiniest itsy bitsy possibility.

God does not exist, if he did prove it.
    There is zero proof, none. Over thousands of years and there's zilch. You would think by now something? But no, not one ounce of evidence.

All evidence points to NO god ever existed ever, this evidence does exist. We see it every single day.

If your fictitious god exists may he strike me down this moment..... Oh my, I'm still here!! he must move in mysterious ways????

Anyone that remotely believes in any god is ludicrous they should be removed from this planet and finally allow normal people to get on with life.

God does NOT exist, get it through your thick heads.

Hope that helps.

By the way, keep your damn ignorant and abusive religious nuts away from my kids, including all of those that say we can't prove he doesn't exist. Pathetic.

I know. I'm absolutely positive, he (or she or it, or the pile of shit I think his proper name is) Does Not Exist.

This could be like a bingo card. Ad Homs, strawmen, lots of different logical fallacies, burden of proof issues.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
    —Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary

Maybe the energy is kimslands god?

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
    —Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary